The family of a child with a life-threatening medical condition focuses all its energy on their child. As a result, they often experience a financial crisis as they have little time left to deal with their daily needs. The GO BO Foundation can help alleviate some of a family’s financial worries by providing direct financial assistance.
The GO BO Foundation offers this assistance for children diagnosed with any life-threatening medical condition. Apply through the GO BO Foundation Family Assistance Program. Application materials are available below.
Any family with a child diagnosed with a life-threatening medical condition may be eligible for financial assistance from the GO BO Foundation.
Family Assistance Program Criteria
- The child’s treating physician makes the determination of whether the child is medically eligible.
- The child must be under the age of 18 at the time of their application.
- The child and his or her parent(s) must be residents of Door County, Wisconsin.
- Generally speaking, assistance will come in the form of the GO BO Foundation paying bills directly on the family’s behalf (mortgage, rent, utilities, etc.)
- Assistance may NOT be used for medical expenses
Download and complete the Financial Assistance Program application and submit it by email. If you are unable to complete the application online, download the application as a PDF File or just call the Community Foundation at (920) 746-1786 and we’ll send it to you. If you are unable to email your application, please mail it to:
GO BO Foundation
c/o Door County Community Foundation, Inc.
222 N 3rd Ave
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
All financial and medical information submitted will be kept confidential. It will be reviewed only by people involved in making the decision, which could include the Board of the GO BO Foundation, the Financial Assistance Review Committee, and/or the Door County Community Foundation, Inc.
Please remember that the submission of an application does not guarantee you will receive financial assistance.